Vegetable glycerin is made from soybean, coconut or palm oil. Coconut and palm oils are a skin replenishing and skin restoring ingredients. Glycerin is found naturally in skin lipids (fat) to help establish normal balance and hydration. It’s one of the many substances in skin that helps the skin maintain a healthy look and feel. Glycerin also defend the skin against dryness as well as work to maintain the skin’s moisture level. Essentially, glycerin is a master at hydration. But glycerin works best when combined with other skin replenishing and emollient ingredients.
Vegetable Glycerin has many benefits for healthier looking skin:
- It can be used on all skin types including oily skin.
- Amazing for treating oily skin conditions, such as acne, skin infections, as well as wrinkles and fine lines.
- Known for attracting moisture to skin.
- Acts an emollient, making skin moist, soft and supple
Skin Benefits Of Vegetable Glycerin:
- Moisturizing: Glycerin acts as a very effective moisturizer on the skin. It makes your skin absorbs water from air reducing the dry and dull patches on your skin. It’s therefore very useful in the winter cold months as well. You can apply it directly onto the skin as a moisturizer. Dab a cotton ball with glycerin and apply it onto your skin. Wow, you will feel your skin gets soft, and hydrated immediately on its application. It adds hydration and health to your skin. Also known for its meditative properties. These meditative properties work to heal dry, rough and irritated skin.
- Smoothing: As the skin ages, it will start to look dull and gets susceptible to irritation, redness and many other conditions. One example of this is dry skin due to skin losing its ability to retain moisture. With aging, your skin gets rough, but glycerin can make your skin smooth and prevent it from drying out. Also helps in smoothing out your skin as well as face by filling in the tiny cracks in dry skin.
- Maintains Water Balance: Humectants in glycerin attract water from air and help in retaining water in the skin. When it is applied to the skin, it minimizes water loss due to evaporation. Glycerin also maintains the skin’s water balance on an intercellular level. This keeps the skin well hydrated and nourished.
- Nourishes Skin: Because of its skin nourishing properties, glycerin can be used on your skin every day. Its regular use will help to keep your skin healthy, soft and fresh.
- Enhances Skin Appearance: Glycerin acts as an emollient that keeps your skin not only moist, but soft and supple to touch. It makes your skin look healthier and attractive, devoid of the scaly looks of skin due to dryness. Its therapeutic effects on wounds as well as other skin disease lead the skin to look healthier and smoother.
- Heals Skin: Glycerin is able to guide cells to grow and mature more effectively, thus helping the skin heal. Glycerin also acts as a natural medication for fungal infections like eczema and psoriasis. It does this by reducing bruising. It also help the infected tissue and cells to repair more quickly.
- Protects Skin: Glycerin increases the thickness of the skin’s epidermal layer, as well as improves it’s barrier function. It helps keep harmful chemicals out of your skin, while locking in moisture.